October 23rd, 2014
CR Notes: False information is still being spread via gov and media. This link leads to the original article and a video that should be viewed with a wary eye: How Ebola Is Spread
A New York physician who recently returned from the front lines of the Ebola epidemic in West Africa has tested positive for the deadly virus, according to two U.S. government officials.
The man, identified as Craig Spencer by New York City Councilman Mark Levine, is in isolation at Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan. Spencer, who had been treating Ebola patients in Guinea with Doctors Without Borders, returned to New York this month.
He becomes just the fourth person diagnosed with Ebola in the United States -- and the first diagnosed outside of Texas.
The New York City health department, which did not identify Spencer, said in an earlier statement that he had returned to the United States "within the past 21 days from one of the three countries currently facing the outbreak of this virus." On Thursday, the statement said, Spencer "presented a fever and gastrointestinal symptoms" and was transported from a residence in Harlem to the hospital in Manhattan.
A federal official said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is readying a team of specialists for epidemiology, infection control and communications to travel to New York on Thursday night. CDC officials declined to comment.
The New York lab that conducted the preliminary Ebola test is a part of the Laboratory Response Network, a group of facilities designed to coordinate quickly with the CDC in response to public health threats. The CDC has "high confidence" in the results and is unlikely to repeat the test, the federal official said.
On Sept. 18, Spencer published a photo of himself on Facebook wearing personal protective equipment. In an accompanying post, he wrote: "Off to Guinea with Doctors Without Borders (MSF). Please support organizations that are sending support or personnel to West Africa, and help combat one of the worst public health and humanitarian disasters in recent history."
A spokesman for Doctors Without Borders confirmed that someone who had worked with the organization had recently returned to New York from an Ebola-affected country and notified the organization's office Thursday morning about developing a fever.
In an earlier statement, Doctors Without Borders spokesman Tim Shenk said that "the individual engaged in regular health monitoring and reported this development immediately."
Hours before the positive diagnosis, the city health department's statement said that a team of disease detectives had already begun "to actively trace all of the patient’s contacts to identify anyone who may be at potential risk."
"We can safely say it has been a very brief period of time that the patient exhibited symptoms," New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said at a news conference Thursday evening. "The patient is in good shape and has gone into a good deal of detail with our personnel with regard to his actions in the last few days."
"Very few people," the mayor said, were in direct contact with Spencer, and as a physician he was "quite aware" to look for symptoms after returning from Ebola-ravaged West Africa.
Physicians volunteering with Doctors Without Borders follow strict protocols as they return from the Ebola zone. They first travel through Europe and are debriefed in Brussels. Doctors can remain in the field for a maximum of four to six weeks; upon returning to the United States, they are told to follow CDC guidelines. Those without any known exposure to Ebola are told to monitor their health for a 21-day incubation period, according to the organization.
According to the New York Times, "Spencer began to feel sluggish on Tuesday but did not develop a fever until Thursday morning, he told the authorities." When he checked his temperature on Thursday, it was 103 degrees, the Times reported.
Emergency officials received a call just before noon for a sick person in Harlem, a fire department spokesman said.
The patient met Ebola risk criteria, so a special hazardous EMS unit was sent to the apartment with personnel who were fully covered in personal protective equipment. The vehicle was immediately decontaminated, said New York City EMS union president Israel Miranda.
October 23rd, 2014
One wonders if these three, now shot, but otherwise 'upstanding' young citizens were also "gentle giants?"
LUMBERTON, NC -A grandfather shot back and is believed to have killed a suspect in a home-invasion and attempted rape of his teen granddaughter on Monday night, Robeson County Sheriff's officials said.
The grandfather was also shot – but he also managed to shoot the 2 other suspects in the home-invasion and attempted rape, said Maj. Anthony Thompson with the Robeson County Sheriff's Office.
The incident started around 10 pm at a house on Yedda Road in Lumberton on Monday night when someone knocked on the home of the grandfather, his wife and their 19-year-old granddaughter, according to the sheriff's office.
Two of three men – all wearing black clothes, ski masks and gloves -- stormed into the house and demanded money, officials said.
The grandfather and his wife ended up in the back of the house and were directed at gunpoint to open a safe. The three men were all armed and tried to rape the teen girl, officials said.
The 67-year-old grandfather managed to grab a gun and shot all three of the suspects. The suspects fired back and the grandfather was hit several times, deputies said.
After that, all three wounded suspects fled in the grandfather's gold Cadillac.
Later, the sheriff's office was contacted when 2 men with gunshot wounds showed up at McLeod Hospital in Dillon.
Deputies received information that took them to Singletary Church Road near Lumberton where they found Jamie Lee Faison, age 20, dead inside the stolen Cadillac. He died from gunshot wounds, deputies said....
October 23rd, 2014
This image is on the front of a pamphlet which will be delivered to public shools in Orange County Florida in January 15th as the attack on Christianity intensifies
(CNSNews.com) - The Freedom From Religion Foundation, an atheist group, is planning to hand out in several Florida public high schools a pamphlet that features an illustration on its cover depicting a humanized Bible sexually assaulting a young woman.
The pamphlet is entitled: “An X-Rated Book: Sex and Obscenity in the Bible.”
The front cover of the small purple booklet is illustrated with a cartoon Bible--which has arms, legs, face and drooling mouth--sexually assaulting a screaming woman as she tries to escape its grasp.
According to a news release posted on its website, FFRF plans to distribute the pamphlet, along with several other brochures and a few books, in 11 public high schools in Orange County, Florida, in January. Orange County is in central part of the state and includes the city of Orlando.
The materials will be available at the high schools of the Orange County Public Schools (OCPS) on National Religious Freedom Day, which is Jan. 16. Each year, on this day, the OCPS allows outside religious groups to set up a table with pre-approved literature—including Bibles--that students can take if they choose.
Members of the outside groups are allowed to stay near the table and restock it as needed, but they are not allowed to have contact with students per school district rules.
FFRF Legal Counsel Andrew Seidel contended to CNSNews.com that the pamphlet with the cover depicting a Bible engaging in sexual assault is “pretty tame” compared to the Bible itself.
“I think if you look at the content of that brochure and what is actually in the Bible, and some of the things that are in the Bible in terms of sex and compare that to the cover [of the pamphlet], the cover is pretty tame compared to anything that is in the Bible,” Seidel said.
“I think the bottom line is, you can’t consider any of our materials obscene when compared to the Bible,” he said.
The text of the pamphlet includes dozens of snippets from Bible verses that FFRF deems “obscene,” including Biblical passages mentioning sex, nudity and circumcision....
October 22nd, 2014
Obama's presidency has gone from 'Obama the Great' to 'Obola the Terrible' as Democrat candidates skitter away at the mere mention of his name.....
Join host Barry Secrest and exo-government specialist Lee Daniel as they discuss an ever-expanding caseload of governmental oddities, politics, the Supernatural & The New World Order--all from an entertaining, cutting edge, Conservative perspective.
Topics for tonight include:
Israeli doctors say Obama has a mental disorder
Athiests are passing out this disturbing flyer to school children in Orange County Florida
Listen live and CALL IN to speak to the host and co-host--(347) 996-3923. Join the conversation!
October 22nd, 2014
A manhunt is on for armed assailants after several rounds of gunfire tore through Parliament Hill, as well as National War Memorial and near a shopping mall in Ottawa, Canada. The city of Ottawa is on lockdown as police attempt to locate the culprits.
"Incidents occurred at National War Memorial, near the Rideau Centre and Parliament Hill this morning,"Ottawa Police said on their Twitter feed.
Several shots rang through Parliament Hill, prompting concern over the ease with which the gunman apparently accessed the site.
“So I’m locked down in Center Block on Parliament Hill after at least one shooter burst in and opened fire,” local reporter Josh Wingrove stated. “I heard dozens of gunshots and the smell of gunpowder is heavy in the hallways right now.”
Wingrove also reported seeing a motionless body inside the parliament building, which he could not confirm to be either dead or alive.
Some 30 shots were fired inside the building, an eyewitness told Reuters. The gunman was subsequently chased by police into the center block of the building.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper managed to exit the building safely.
Canadian Armed Forces bases across the country are in lockdown and all Ottawa Police stations are currently closed to the public as gunmen remain at large. There are reports that more than one assailant is active in the area. "There are multiple assailants," police reportedly told local columnist John Invision, adding "move back, they're targeting first responders." Ottawa Police Constable Marc Soucy told Reuters that they "are actively looking for suspects right now, so we don't know if it is suspect one or suspects plural".
One shooter has been confirmed dead, according to senior CBC news reporter Aaron Saltzman.
Ottowa police have confirmed that two or three gunmen were involved in the incident.
Associated Press Television News journalist Jorge Barrera reported that police are in possession of a photograph of the gunman, who reportedly has dark skin and long black hair. Barrera also tweeted that police have the suspect’s cellphone.
All three locations are withing a few hundred meters of one another.
There are reports that more than one assailant is active in the area. "There are multiple assailants,"police reportedly told local columnist John Invision, adding "move back, they're targeting first responders."